Thursday, January 21, 2010

Watching that scrolling screen flash each school delay and cancellation, I couldn't help but get that child-like giddy feeling. I don't know who was more excited...the kids or me! A free day to catch up on school work, house work, and good, spontaneous fun!

Another fun weekend! It all started with Friday night pizza with the Hoags and a little Wii competition. Saturday morning was the boys' first basketball game. Each one scored! So fun to see their excitement. Miss Amaya escaped from me once and ran out onto the court to grab Daddy's leg. I was mortified..the crowd thought it was hilarious!

Saturday afternoon we made Colt's cookies and signs to put out on the driveway...."Honk if you Love the Colts." The kids got a kick out of hearing the horns blow in support. A little swimming in the afternoon before heading to the Pope's for a pre-game party. My good friend, Traci, and her daughter came for the weekend. So much fun watching all the kids together!

I received great news on Wednesday afternoon. I went for my follow-up appointment with the surgeon and have been released from most of my restrictions. And that horrible back brace....I only have to wear it in ice/snow. The craziest part was that I now have to carry this credit-card type picture of my back with the surgeon's signature and my SS# on it for going through metal detectors. Now that was a new one for me!

Looking forward to the Colt's game on Sunday! Go Blue........

No comments:

Post a Comment