It's a new year! My resolution this year is to keep a better account of my family's memories by journaling and taking more photographs. So here goes...."Hedrick Happenings & Headlines" is my first go at keeping a family blog.
Our family....Kevin (31), Karen (31), Alex (6), Andrew (4), Amaya (1). There is never a dull moment at our house.
Kevin is the Residential Director for Lifeline Youth & Family Services. His main duty is to oversee the alternative school and residential facilities. He has been with Lifeline for six years and absolutely LOVES his job. In his spare time he loves to golf and occasionally plays basketball on a church league. He is getting ready to start coaching our sons' basketball league this winter. This could be the first of MANY coaching experiences between Daddy and the boys!
I went back to work this year as a 7th grade language arts teacher. This is my seventh year in public education, as I stayed home and worked part-time the last three years. I finished my language arts degree this past summer...and am SO happy that I did. I love teaching students how to facilitate a passion for reading and writing.
Alex is in Kindergarten at Little Turtle Elementary School in Columbia City. He loves going to school and absorbs new concepts like a sponge. He is beginning to read and loves math! Anytime we're in the car he'll ask us to give him math problems or tries to figure out words on billboards. He is also very much into sports now. This past summer was his second year in t-ball, he played soccer in the fall, and is now starting his second basketball season. He is also involved in Faithweaver Friends at our church on Wednesday nights. He keeps us very busy...and I wouldn't change it for the world.
Andrew is in Pre-School at Columbia City United Methodist Church. I really should just copy and paste everything I wrote about Alex. He is his big brother's shadow. He also loves school. This past year he played t-ball and soccer and is getting ready to start his first season of basketball. He is so excited that his dad is going to be his coach. Andrew's biggest passion is music. He is famous for his "concerts" that he performs for family, friends, and classmates. Right now his most entertaining song is "Big Green Tractor," which he air guitars and dances to. I'll try to post a video soon!
Amaya...where do I begin? Our baby girl is growing up. My-My...our nickname for her, is getting ready to turn TWO in February. I don't know where the time has gone. It seems that it was yesterday that Kevin yelled, "It's a girl!" This Christmas she received four baby dolls and all of the accessories she can handle. Everyday she feeds her babies, takes them for walks, and puts them to bed. She is quite the little "mommy." There is nothing quiet or patient about Amaya. Everything is, "I do," followed by a sweet, "Thank you." She keeps up with her brothers in every way imaginable. Her spirit, smile, and laughter are contagious. We can't wait to see her true personality...although we're pretty sure we're getting a good glimpse of it right now.
So, that is our crew in a nutshell. God has blessed our family repeatedly over the course of the last several years. Raising our three children and enjoying all of the blessings that family, friends, church, and work have to offer go beyond what words can express!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment